Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Marathon De Sables Preparation



Right now, at this very second I've got nothing. I mean I have a pack, shoes , clothes, running ability, heat training, flights, hotels, venom kit, great sunglasses, sleeping bag, emergency foil cover, gaiters, and resolve. But what I do not have is any idea on what kind of food to bring to the MDS race, I am normally a big fan of Hammer Gels, Hammer Perpetuem, and Succeed S-Caps. The question is do I just rely on what I always have used for a race that I have never experienced? Do I take a chance and go with a different water bottle set up? What the heck to do? Seems to me everyone had an opinion, and everyone has gear they like. I am no different, and sometimes i am pretty vocal about the gear I use, abuse, and rely on. What type of post run meal do I want? Do I get the organic with fewer calories per oz, or do I get the regular package that has fructose, benzolate, and all that other crap in it because it has more calories per oz. If I had more hair I may have pulled some of it out. With all these decisions to make and limited time, I guess tomorrow will have to be the day I bite the bullet and make a final commitment. I have a feeling Hammer will be making an appearance at this most amazing race. I haven't been let down yet.

No comments: