Friday, April 9, 2010

Kickin' It In

On the eve of the final leg of the 2010 Marathon de Sables, please take a moment to read a note from Jennifer Vogel that was received a few hours ago:


Today brought body-beating rocks, deep sand, high winds, and of course, heat. I came to the Sahara to find who I was, not a Daughter, Sister, Friend, Wife. When faced with adversity, who exactly am I? For the past 6 days, the Sahara (Who is one BAMF) has beaten my body and torn at my soul, and today was the day I would find the answer. I'm the kind of person that will get up one more time, then I'm knocked down. I'm a fighter and I'm damn proud to find that out. Lane is a beast out here and I am amazed by his strength every day. Tomorrow is the final stage. 13.1 miles through the biggest sand dunes in Morocco. If the Sahara wants to take us down, we are going down swinging. Thanks for all the emails and the prayers. Thanks to my family and friends, to Get Fit Atlanta for all of the support, to Big Peach, To Mike at G2t for letting us run in honor of some amazing people, to Jon Ross for keeping everyone up to date on us, and to 1st Choice Health Care for letting me leave my job for 2 weeks.

Will email soon, Jen


Please keep an eye out for updates on Stage 6 as they become available.

No comments: