Tuesday, April 6, 2010

MdS Stage 2 Complete

Both Jennifer and Lane finished the 35.5 kilometer Stage 2 yesterday at the Marathon de Sables. Here is a recap from Jen:


Today brought extreme heat, rocks, sand, ridges, dunes and the most insane climb I could imagine [Note: See photo to the left - She wasn't kidding...]. Running along the ridge in the first half, I thought to myself that this is crazy. One wrong step and a broken arm would be the least of my problems. After not pacing my water and running out 1km to the refill station - That doesn't sound bad but trust me it is BAD - I had to resort to a walk & run for the middle segment to try and regain myself for what was promised to be a nasty climb. The last 5km of the race brought it!! The best I can say about the rock scramble straight up the side of the mountain is that 6 months ago I would have had a panic attack and would have most likely stopped at the bottom and quit. The fact that I put on my 'big girl pants' and did it, leaves me speechless and so proud....and I beat Lane today...

Bloodied, battered, bruised but not beaten,

Jennifer


You can also check out some great video footage of Stage 2 by clicking here.


Stage 3 is underway, and is 40k. Updates and today's results will follow in a subsequent posting to the Endurance Spot blog.


Just a reminder. If you saw Jennifer's note yesterday, it was clear how much the e-mails that they are receiving from all of you mean to both she and Lane. It's really easy to send them an e-mail as you only need to click here. Jen's race # is 696, and Lane is 697.All the Best, Jon Ross









No comments: