Thursday, December 11, 2008

12.11.08, More Rain

Today is yet another day of rain. Today is the reason we have no Christmas lights. Lights short out, then we have half a strand lit, and half a strand dark. No Christmas lights this year for us. Call me a Grinch if you will. Anyway this rain thing sure gets old quick, but it has its advantages in some ways. For instance lifting weights at the gym, when it rains I choose not to run, and am able to go to the gym and do a little weight lifting, and sauna training. Could I run in the rain? Sure but why? Georgia rain is not like Florida rain which is what I grew up with. You know warm rain, not the shivering cold ice rain they have here in Georgia. Either way, the gym is good. I have spent the last few months cannibalizing my muscle and look forward to the idea of gaining back some muscle. Vain? Sure but what the heck, feeling good is both physical and mental right? Yes sirree bob, it sure is. Also I said to myself I would ease off for the month of December and get back strong in January. So far so good, just doing a little running here and there and sometimes keeping Jen company on her track workouts. Although I do less than 2/3 what shes doing I still get to be there. What can I say, training to a list is just not me. Yet. One day I am sure that I will have the opportunity to get better by training with some real kind of focus!

So is there anything planned for December? I really do not think so, just a little running in the orange groves when we go home. Some running down at Ocean Reef next week. Races, no not a single race. I am pretty sure this is a first in a long while. No race numbers to attach, no sleepless night pre-race. Man, this is cool. I think I will enjoy December.

January comes quick, lets see......

January 4th Fat Ass 50k @ Kennesaw
January 11th Disney Marathon
January 24th Mountain Mist 50k

Maybe to keep with the consistency I should make up a run that second week. I am sure I can get my buddy Jon Obst to join me in some craziness. Oh Jon.........Maybe we can figure out something good to fill in that weekend. A marry+ every week in January sound like a good goal.

So it has been said.

No comments: