Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Today we start the Blog 12.10.08

Just a little forward info:

My name is Lane Vogel and I am an endurance athlete. I never thought to call myself an athlete before, but that is what I have become. Sometime ago when I was a child I played baseball, a little football, thought I was a Tour De France rider and played around in the pool. That was a long time ago. Sometime after high school I became slightly overweight and decided to get healthy by not eating and drinking so much. Mission accomplished, I got down to 215 and then met my wife Jennifer in 2000. The rest my friends is history. Jennifer was active, I was not so it was a long process for me to become a little more open to exercise. Jennifer and I married in 2002 and I was very thin at this point-down to 175 mostly from working to much and not eating properly-not from exercise. Sometime in 2003 we began training for a marathon (Jen) and a 1/2 marry (Me). We did our first one, The Disney Marathon January 11th 2004. I was wiped, I was hurt and both of us eased back on the running for a bit. Later that same year we headed to lake Tahoe to do yet another race, same deal 1/2 for me full for Jen. This time we really cut back afterwards. So it seems crazy to me know that my first real marathon was only in 2006,
The Country Music Marathon in Nashville, TN. That was less than 3 years ago! That was the beginning and the end for me, it is now just trying to see what the next challenge will be. Somewhere in there I also did my first Triathlon, this was in the N.GA mountains and it to nearly killed me. But like I have said, whats next?

Whats next is always up in the air. Whats next depends on what I can "get in to", what fills up and what does not. Also, do the powers that be find me worthy? Whats next is also whats different that is a challenge, that may not have been done by many others. For some reason being a little different matters to me, don't ask why it just does.

No comments: