Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How much wood would a wood chuck.....

My question is simple if you are to look at it in another fashion. How far will a runner run if a runner believes they can run? My thought is pretty damn far. Lets say the average Joe starts running to meet a doctors need, to shed some weight, to get their heart under control. Should this person consider running further than what the doctor prescribes for exercise? By all means no. However lets take the average runner, or triathlete and look at their experiences. In my humble opinion I feel that the human body, once conditioned can do unbelievable things, you just have to ask it to. In other words, you need to believe in yourself. To do amazing things is in our nature, or in human nature I should say. To accomplish what others thought impossible is occurring on a daily basis. Who ever thought a person could run further than 26.2 miles? Who thought that 100 sounded like a good idea? Hell, who thought 350 miles sounded smart? But it is all possible. There are some people in this world that inspire others to do things they never thought they could, and my hat is off to them. I only wish that one day, I have the ability to inspire people to make their wishes, and furthest dreamt thoughts a reality. So until then, I will keep chucking wood and hoping that one day I will make a difference in peoples lives.

No comments: