Saturday, December 13, 2008

Enchiladas

Today started off great. Jennifer left at 6a.m. to go do a 22 mile run with our friend Jon. Jon is fast, I mean very fast and Jen is trying to get faster. Makes sense that she run with someone other than me right? I agree. I did miss getting to go out with them this morning but I did my own run by myself instead. I left the house with no water, and one gu. It was a very cold morning, the sign by the high school said 28 degrees when I went by on my way out. I looped out and started heading down the road thinking of where I was going and what I would eat for breakfast when I returned. My run took me down hwy 141 and to the turn around where I would head back. I decided to scoot into Medlock Bridge neighbor hood because there is a decent little "tail" that follows a creek in the middle of the neighborhood. I ran that twice until on the last loop I found a soccer ball. Yup, I carried the thing the entire way back. I even kicked it a few times while running. So getting back to my thoughts, what to eat? I was going over what we had at home. Eggs? Bread? Pizza? Oh snap! I remembered we have Trader Joes cheese enchiladas! So at this point my run was going to be shorter than I had anticipated. The enchiladas were calling me home like a horse racing to the stable! Except I had a soccer ball in hand and am really not that fast. I had planned on doing 20 miles today and cut it short at 12. All I can do is blame those enchiladas. Enchiladas for breakfast you say? What a treat, they were delicious. In fact I am sorry that I only had one package, cause' I would have had two! As for the soccer ball, I can pretty much say that Gator and Porter are happy I cut my run short because they are enjoying the soccer ball out in the yard as I speak. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was feeling so on top of the world high all day, after a very nice, cold 20+ with badass Jen this morning! Enchilades sound yummy but they cut your run short? need to htfu- lol

Jon